3D printing | Laser machining
SLA (Stereolithography), SLS (Selective Laser Sintering)
For sample manufacture of mechanical parts, housings, etc.
Clear colourless resins for windows, lightguides and simple lens components
SLA to Vacuum Casting
- SLA model sealed and polished then used as master for a silicone rubber tool
- Parts cast in clear polyester resins – expect 70-80% of production performance
- It is possible to produce a sample batch of up to 20 parts from the silicone tool
CNC machining and polishing of cast PMMA acrylic and precision diamond turning.
- Aluminium tools -lower manufacturing time/cost – soft and poor optical finish
- Soft steel tools -medium manufacturing time/cost – not fully hardened, but good optical finish
- Fully hardened steel production tools – higher manufacturing time/cost – best tool life and highest performance