Reason for this policy This policy is to ensure that we: • Comply with data protection law and follow good practice • Protect the rights of staff, customers and partners • Are open about how data is stored and processed • Protect ourselves from a data breach
Website Visitors We aim to follow these rules:
- POL may send “cookies” to your computer. Cookies are fragments of data sent through the web server and stored in your hard drive. Cookies can’t read the files stored in your computer, nor can they gather information. The purpose of cookies are just to monitor the traffic on the site, so we know which pages you have visited or customised, making it easier for you to download the information the next time you look at our pages.
- When someone visits https://www.polymer-optics.co.uk website, we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
- We have a contact form on our website intended for e-newsletters and occasional product announcements and to assist you. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to keep you informed on developments and upcoming events; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
Mailing Lists We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletters. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletters. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of mailings processed through MailChimp.
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond quickly to resolve your issues.
We will not store explicit private data such as:
- Your private address (unless they are also your business address)
- Your age, date of birth, religion, marital status, and other personal data
- Your personal financial data
- Any activities or personal information found on social media
- Any information on young people
We will only keep the following private business data:
- Your Name
- Your business addresses and company name
- Your phone number – specifically your business phone number or phone numbers shared in a business context
- Your business email addresses
- Copies of emails and meeting notes shared in a business context
How we determine what data we can keep Expressed Consent: is when an individual has opted-in or specifically requested to get our emails, some examples of this are:
- Anyone who goes through a double opt-in or confirmed opt-in process
- Someone who signs up to receive emails from our web page
- People who sign up using a form with the specific purpose of being added to a mailing list or to seek details about our products
- Details provided to one of our employees in the course of business interaction
- Details when you contact us, visit us or have made contact with us in other ways
Implied Consent: happens through a client or customer relationship. For example, we get implicit consent through but limited to the following:
- The exchange of business cards
- A verbal request
- A fishbowl collection at shows where no consent to email is asked
Where and how do we keep your details We maintain email clients that stores the personal data mentioned above as contacts. This exists on our internal computers, servers and possible mobile phones and is never shared outside our organisation. Inside the company the data is protected behind a password which we change periodically. Only employees of our company have access to this data. It will not be copied or sold.The contact data is also held on the MailChimp server as contact info to allow the sending of e-newsletters, this is protected by two step authentication and if you opt out of the e-newsletters your contact details will remain on the server to ensure we do not send you further e-newsletters, every e-newsletter has links to allow you to update your profile.
Where and how do we use your details The only reason we keep your details is to serve you in a business context. We are a technical engineering company that provide customer service as part of the process of serving our business partners and customers. We do not provide any products or services which require personal information or details about you as an individual. We have no desire or intention to seek out such details and will delete details which do not comply with the policies set out in this document should they inadvertently be found in our systems. The only time we may share the limited personal details we keep is if you have expressed interest that we do so. Again, under no circumstances will we share personal details beyond those you have chosen to share in a business or professional context.